Positions: Freelance Writers/Journalists
Compensation: Dependent on experience
Overview: Have you been blessed/cursed with an uncanny ability to put words in a certain order which makes people want to read them? If so, great! We're currently looking for freelance writers and journalists interested in pushing the boundaries of journalism related to the drum set. This is a paid position(s) with pay depending on prior experience.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate:
- Impeccable writing skills that actively engage a reader right from the off
- A rejection of the uninformative and uninspired
- An ability to approach subjects in a unique and captivating manner
- An ability to think creatively and originally
- An ability to work autonomously (when required)
- An understanding of tone and the ability to write for a defined audience
- Confident research skills and an eye for detail
- Punctuality with the ability to work to strict deadlines
- An active interest in drums and/or percussion.
- An active interest in some aspects of popular culture, such as books, films, magazines, TV shows or video games
The role will consist of:
- Writing features for either the magazine or website. These could be in the form of 300-400 word opinion style pieces, or longer, more expressive articles or interviews
- Creative freedom to pursue your own ideas
- Working remotely as and when you like
- Working alongside the magazine's editor
To apply - please email your resume/CV and two writing samples to: Tom@thedrummersjournal.com
Don't worry if your writing samples aren't specifically related to drums or even music - just send us something you feel showcases your writing ability, regardless of the subject.
We will respond to every application but forgive us if it takes a couple of days or more.