1) When the Audio Engineer asks for a snare level at soundcheck but there're random people watching:
2) What happens in your head every time you hear In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins:
3) When it's time for the best man's speech.
4) When you play in-between songs at rehearsal:
5) Whenever you have to play an "acoustic set."
6) When the guitarist writes the drum part:
7) What it feels like to audition when you have no self confidence:
8) When the drum tech subtly attempts to screw the nut back onto your hi hat clutch mid show:
9) When your parents told you that if you're not going to practice, then it goes back to the store.
10) What playing "battle of the bands" feels like:
11) Attempting to decipher drum parts by ear:
12) When you think you're getting better and decide to Google "drum solo" for inspiration:
13) When trying to imagine what being Neil Peart must be like:
14) When you're forced to finally clear out your "gig bag".
15) When band members think 'rimshot' and 'cross-stick' are interchangeable terms.
16) "There's a label representative in the audience tonight, no f*ck ups."